Is your Elementary School Aged child looking for a fun, new summer camp program?
Our half-day, one week day-camp is a fun way to learn about Sprint Kayaking & Canoe.
Programming includes water safety skills, paddling time, beach activities and games.
Suitable for paddlers ages 7-10 who are confident swimmers. Activities will be aimed at a younger group / expectation level.
No previous paddling experience required, but all participants must have a life-jacket, be capable of swimming unassisted and can dog-paddle for at least 5 mins.
What to Expect
This is a five (5) half-day program running Monday thru Friday as either a Morning or Afternoon Program. Or sign up for both.
• Morning Program runs 9am-1pm, Afternoon Program runs 1pm-5pm from West Lake Provincial Park beach
• The program consists of dry-land and on-water exercises, games & skill development.
• Paddlers can sign up for both Morning & Afternoon session.
• Pick up & Drop off times are mandatory.
• Camp will not be cancelled due only to rain. However if the conditions are not considered safe (air quality due to fire, severe wind, lightning etc), the program will adjust to ensure the safety of the paddlers.
• Morning or Afternoon Session Cost $250. Both Sessions $450.
What To Bring
• All Paddlers require their own life-jacket. All other gear (paddle, canoe/kayak, safety equipment) is provided by the club.
• All paddlers should have water/drinks, meals/snacks, dry/warm clothes, towels, rain gear, swim gear, sunscreen, runners (sandals optional) and other personal items as needed.
• Additional program information and waivers will be emailed upon registration.
Notes about Programming
• Program can be cancelled, at the club's discretion, due to low registration, significant extended unsafe weather / water conditions, or other unforeseen events. In this event, program fees will be refunded within 30 days of cancellation.
Age Range for Paddling
• Age Ranges are not fixed - the ages have been selected both for the type of programming and the expectation for endurance.
• Think about your child's endurance capacity and stamina when registering.