Is your Teen looking for a fun water based sport for this summer?
Our Recreational Programs are geared to learning paddling and water safety skills, exploring West Lake, making new friends, playing games and enjoying fitness & fresh air.
Suitable for paddlers aged 10-18. No previous paddling experience. Paddlers can join one or both Rec Programs or transition to a Competitive Program (Team B).
Paddlers will gain skills in Canoe, Slalom Kayak & Sprint Kayak.
What to Expect
This is a seven (7) week program with three (3) hours of adventure per week.
• Sessions every Saturday 1:00pm-4:00pm (3hrs) at the Camp Hughes West Lake beach.
• The program consists of dry-land and on-water exercises, games & skill development.
• Paddlers are expected to arrive 10 mins early to assist with unloading paddling gear and ensuring their equipment is in safe working order.
• All paddlers are expected to participate in 1 fundraising / volunteering event over the Program period.
• Athlete's Parent(s) are expected to volunteer for one Saturday practice as "Beach Safety Officer" over the Program period.
What To Bring
• All Paddlers require their own life-jacket. All other gear (paddle, canoe/kayak, safety equipment) is provided by the club.
• During practices, paddlers should have water, snacks, dry/warm clothes, towels, rain gear, swim gear, sunscreen and other personal items as needed.
• Additional program information and waivers will be emailed upon registration.
• $245 for 7 Weeks
• Use of Paddles and Canoe/Kayak included
• Membership / Insurance included
Notes about Programming
• Practice are generally not cancelled due only to rain. However if the conditions are not considered safe, (air quality due to fire, severe wind, lightning etc), at the club's discretion, practices will be "made-up" on another day. There are no refunds if the Athlete is unable to attend a regular session or a make-up session.
Age Range for Paddling
• Age Ranges are not fixed - the ages have been selected both for the type of programming and the expectation for endurance.
• Think about your child's endurance capacity and stamina when registering.