Sunday Morning Paddle Day is a morning program for kids to come down & learn about Sprint Kayaks and paddle Canoes.
This 2 hour program is great for the new paddler or the recreational paddler looking for more time on the water.
Arrive: 15mins early to sign in and do life jacket check
Location: West Lake Provincial Park, main Beach area
Participant Age: between 10 years and 18 years old
Skill Level: Must be able to swim unassisted with a life-jacket
Life Jacket: Required. Participant must supply
What to expect
• Parents will sign in & perform a life jacket check
• Coach will teach participants about paddle safety and beach rules and perform warm-up & cool-down exercises.
• Participants will be paddle in a variety of kayaks/canoes learning the basics of flat water paddling and share in some games and beach activities.
• Use of Paddles and Canoe/Kayak included
• Membership / Insurance included
Notes about Programming
• Program can be cancelled, at the club's discretion, due to low registration, significant extended unsafe weather / water conditions, or other unforeseen events. In this event, program fees will be refunded within 30 days of cancellation.
Age Range for Paddling
• Age Ranges are not fixed - the ages have been selected both for the type of programming and the expectation for endurance.
• Think about your child's endurance capacity and stamina when registering.